2. I took my mom computer shopping today and got her new computer mostly set up. I need to go back again tomorrow, though, because one program was going to take an hour to download and I just didn't want to sit around that long waiting. :p I've never even used Windows 8 myself before and I'm still not sure what I think of it. If it were my own computer, I'd have more time to play around with it and try to customise it and get it how I wanted, but for her I'm just trying to get as much of the junk out of the way so she can use the few programs she uses (basically just Firefox and WordPerfect).
3. Since I have to go over to my mom's tomorrow after work, I think I'll make tomorrow my short day. (Since I went in for three hours on Sunday, I need to take three hours off somewhere else. I could take an hour here and there from several days, but it is nice to only work five hours!)
4. My mom gave me an easter basket with See's candy. :D
5. There is a baby goat edition of 2048.
6. I feel like I got a lot done today! The bike, the computer, plus vacuuming and some manga stuff.
and the 1A is the A on Stark Tower?
Yeah I never noticed that either.
*okay after the Doctor Who No Handlebars but srsly guys. This vid.
Protip: This is a really bad question to ask when visiting the National Mall. We have 8 buildings surrounding the Mall, and a total of 19 museums, 9 research centers and the National Zoo. A S.H.I.E.L.D agent should know better!
(We think she means the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History in this case.)
I love that this is on the Smithsonian’s tumblr
#i was about to get annoyed about someone taking this too seriously but then i saw who posted it
It's not good, but it's not bad. Small victories are nevertheless victories.
In additional bad news, I'm definitely gaining weight, undoubtedly due in part to having been exercising really heavy a year ago, and learning eating habits from that. Seriously, I was doing thousand-calorie workouts over the course of a day, I had to pump up my food intake. But now I'm not even doing 200 calorie workouts - that's a lot of extra bad eating habits.
I'm trying to go low-carb again, and seeing if it will help. Atkins actually invented his diet for heart patients - it probably won't hurt!
The bad news about fatigue right now is that I'm in that weird middle ground - I'm not so fatigued my emotions are flattened, but I'm not feeling good enough for my native optimism (or is there an extra T in that phrase?) to kick in.
But there are other things. A relationship with a friend is changing, and I'm thinking it's going to end. I mean, not *end*, there are people I haven't seen in forever, but we're not not-friends, we're just not hanging out now. But we're also absent from each other's lives.
And of course, there's always that question: maybe it's for the best. Maybe our time is just past; things change, and that means things end. I don't want that to be true but wants don't define reality.
Ah well. That is life right now. Here's hoping it's treating you better.
What are you currently reading?
I'm currently doing a reread of Scott Pilgrim. It's been a long time since I read it, so I'd forgotten a lot. Also apparently while I'm not usually a headcanon sort of person, when I do have a headcanon, it's very persistent, because despite having seen the movie with Kieran Culkin as Wallace, when I read the comic I'm still convinced Wallace is Asian. When I first read it, I just assumed he was Asian, and then the movie came out and I was like, okay, that's interesting casting, but apparently it had no effect on how I see the character when reading the comic.
What did you recently finish reading?
Well, I finished reading Mayoke no Darling, which was cute, but did not make me want to get out and start reading BL on a regular basis again.
What do you think you'll read next?
I'm only about halfway through Scott Pilgrim, so I imagine I'll be reading that for a bit longer and then who knows!
Come hang out with other Fanlore editors, get help with your first wiki edits, or discuss new content ideas for the April Showers fandoms so far or any other Fanlore pages! Fanlore staff will be present to answer any questions about Fanlore editing and will be happy to assist new users. Everyone is welcome!
We hope to see you there!
[Image: In the top image, Bucky Barnes and pre-serum Steve Rogers are kissing; Bucky’s hand is on the back of Steve’s neck. In the second image, the Winter Soldier has Steve pushed against a wall, one hand in Steve’s hair; they’re looking into each other’s eyes and their faces are close together.]